Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October....Positivity: OT Day 10

I find that in October more than any other month, good things happen. I really can’t explain it. Maybe it is because I am in a better mood in October and I just see the good more. Perhaps life has settled down a bit from the bustle of summer and people are just nicer. I really don’t know what it is, but today, or rather yesterday was a good example of what I mean. Here is my inventory list.

1. Due to some unexpected construction work last night, I had to walk a quarter mile to my car this morning. Which normally wouldn’t be bad, but it was Early and I was expecting it to be really cold and miserable. Surprise! It wasn’t. I was just fine in my t-shirt and thin pull over. Plus, I didn’t have to scrape my windshield.
2. Normally the early morning oncoming traffic blinds me with their headlights, but today, not a soul was on the road except for me.
3. I got to attend Tuesday Morning Prayer time when I didn’t think that I was going to be able to due to a nasty headache. Once there I felt energized and happy. I had some amazing one on one time with friends, I got to reconnect with a pal that I hadn’t seen in years and I got hugs from people who I had been missing. It was great.
4. After prayer time I got an unexpected treat. I got to drive a friend home after stopping at a fast food joint to get some breakfast and coffee. It was a great drive and it was fun to chat and catch up.
5. The sunrise was breath taking and the contrails from the planes had this other worldly golden glow. It was beautiful.
6. I got to sleep in 2 hours longer than I normally do on a Tuesday. Score!!!!!
7. Once I got up and going again, I accomplished an amazing amount of stuff on my to do list that I didn’t think would be possible.
8. I got a SUPER deal on something I needed to rent.
9. I ran into a friend that I hadn’t seen in months and they ended up coming over to the house later in the evening for a visit.
10. I got to eat at my favorite restaurant, which I haven’t been able to do for a year. The wait staff was so happy to see me that they gave me extra food and had plenty of time to sit down with me and chat because I was the only one in the place.
11. I found the final piece to my October decorations and now everything looks perfect. Well, except for the large orange extension cord hanging down the wall, but what are ya gonna do.
12. I found some other neat decorations that were marked down for another holiday and added them to my pile.
13. I didn’t have to cook dinner due to some pre planning on my part the day before and most likely won’t have to do it tomorrow either.
14. I have visitors coming to see me tomorrow!
15. The evening was the perfect temperature to take a walk and so I did. I did a lazy meander through the neighborhood and then sat outside until the sun went down. It was a breath taking sunset too.
16. I saw a shooting star


Yes, there were some rather no wonderful parts to the day, but by far the good out numbered the bad. October is just like that. Surprises, chance encounters, plans falling into place. And those are the rules and not the exceptions. I just love this month so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment