Sunday, October 28, 2012

Awesome: OT Day 29

For once this won't be a long post. Why, because sometimes you just don't need to mess with perfection. The way it is, is enough. And today I present you with....the perfection of enough.

Today, or rather yesterday was a wonderful October day. It was almost perfect. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if I had suddenly developed amazing pumpkin carving skills and hadn't dropped an entire pumpkin pie blizzard all over my lap. Other than that, perfection!

I got to converse with friends about pumpkin carving preferences and find out that small children are more adept at carving than I am. I sat underneath an almost full and hazy October moon while listening to frogs croak and owls hoot. I listened to my Sounds of Halloween tape three times through and by the end I was full on singing. I finished my zombie book and didn't scare myself silly. I worked on Family Fun Night stuff and was very productive, and I am about to snuggle down and watch one of my October films. Ahhh. This, this my friends is October bliss.

Tomorrow, or rather today, I get to decorate for a party, carve a pumpkin or two, drink a pumpkin spice latte and watch more spooky movies. October, I am kinda in love with you.

I'm curious, what would be your perfect October day?

No comments:

Post a Comment