Friday, October 16, 2015

October Thoughts Day 16: Briefly October

I'm sitting in a hotel lobby and it isn't even haunted. I feel a bit let down. So far no monsters have checked in and the only thing Octobery about the place are the fall wreaths on the front doors.

The drive up was beautiful. The tailgaters behind me were kept to a minimum and I choose to believe that the rather insistent fellow behind me was swallowed by a river monster after he finally passed me.

As I was driving up, the song Hotel California came on. It is one of my favorites and it got me thinking about my own impending hotel stay. I love mysterious places. I wish I could stay at the Hotel California. How cool would it be to stay in a place that disappeared and then only reappeared once or twice a year? I'm not sure where it would go or what my bill would look like after a year long stay, but it still sounds like fun.

I love mysteries in general. Every since I was small enough to read I have devoured periodicals on things like the Bermuda Triangle, the Curse of the Mummy, what happened to D.B. Cooper, where did Amelia Earhart go, the story of the Mary Celeste, Area 51 or what happened to Jimmy Hoffa. I'm by no means a conspiracy theorist, but a good yarn always gets me.

Perhaps while I am here I will run across bigfoot or find some buried treasure. I am really up for anything, and isn't that what October is all about?!

No comments:

Post a Comment