Saturday, October 31, 2015

October Thoughts Day 31: The End....for now

I can't believe it, the big day is finally here. I have waited so long and semi patiently and now the day is a bit bittersweet. I am not ready for my October fun to end. Yesterday when I was moseying about the town, it looked like November already. I was most put out. But no, I have one more glorious day to spend in the best month ever.

Last night I got a pumpkin ice cream sundae and drove around the city looking at Halloween lights. I saw ghosts and goblins. Scarecrows, vampires and other monsters I can't quite figure out. There were inflatable pumpkin men and glowing spider webs. I felt very much at home. I listened to violin music by candlelight. I watched some classic Halloween films and ate some early Halloween candy.

Today I drove all over creation experiencing Halloween. I had a Frappula and went trick or treating in a candy store. I found an add for one last corn maze but it proved to be a mythical creature that resisted giving up its location. I watched more classic October films whilst waiting for trick or treaters to show up. Yet again my record is untarnished, no trick or treators darkened my door.

But I did get to watch hoards of them swarming the streets and local businesses. It was a cute site to see. I love this time of year. I can't wait for it to come again.

Happy Halloween everyone and thank you for coming on this journey with me. I'll see you again 353 days from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment