Sunday, October 11, 2015

October Thought Day 11: October Sundays

Sundays in October are truly meant for Sunday drives. The world is awash in fall color, the temperatures are moderate with a slight breeze and there are things to see everywhere. Off to the side of the road there are the last remnants of yard sales, fall bazaars, kids playing soccer or touch football. There are decorations to ogle and farmers markets to visit.

Today was a perfect day for a drive. I put dinner in the crock pot for later (cream of pumpkin soup if you must know), filled up the gas tank and let the road take me where it may. I passed through sun dappled hollows, drove beside gurgling streams, chased the sunlight and generally enjoyed myself. I drove to the highest elevation I could find and sat on the tailgate and sipped pumpkin spice cocoa (what else would I be drinking) and read one of my October books. Once back on the road I rolled the windows down and belted out tunes on the radio. I waved at farmers out in the fields and passed passenger vehicles headed to the local corn mazes. It was a good day.

Back at home I slurped pumpkin soup with some grilled cheese, watched a zombie movie or two and settle in for the start of another wonderful October week. Yes, it was a good day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment