Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 23: Sock It To Me

So the thought for today will be rather short. Not because I don't have anything wonderful to say, but because I feel the need to give your eyes a brief rest before the deluge that is the last 8 days. I didn't even realize that I passed the 10 day countdown. I guess time really does fly when one is having so much fun. I am still hoping that October will hear my plea and being the annexation campaign on November, but so far, no plans are forthcoming. A girl can dream.

Anywho, in keeping with my cozy October theme is a product near and dear to my heart.......the holiday sock. As a rule, I love weird socks. It is a covert way to show ones enthusiasm while still keeping it professional up top. One of my favorite things was going to work in my sensible ...clothes and knowing that beneath my shoes lurked socks with dancing candy corns. It gave me a thrill to hike my pant leg up and wow the unsuspecting with my odd sock choices. It still does.

Holiday socks are beyond wonderful and October socks are some of the best. There are bones, bats, skulls, vampires, eyes, wolves, scare crows, pumpkins, cats, spiders, webs, potions, haunted houses, monsters, etc. I have quite the collection. One day I hope to have 31 pair of October socks so I can wear one per wonderful day. Right now as I type, I am wearing Halloween pumpkin slippers. I feel quite festive. I will have to scour the internet to see if they make such a thing as corn maze socks. I'll bet they do. I hope they do.

Last year a dear friend gave me a pair of Halloween socks that had a black pom pom on the heel. My darling puppy was so enamored with them that he followed me all over the house trying to bite the pom poms off. He succeeded with alarming speed and the pom poms are sadly no more. But see, October socks can be fun for everyone. I challenge you to go out and buy a pair ASAP. Wear them under your sensible shoes and see what a delight you will get from being so sneaky. Man I love October.

No comments:

Post a Comment