Sunday, October 11, 2020

Day 11: Yesterday

Yesterday was my favorite kind of October day. It started off in the dark, early hours of the morning. I took a walk around my sleepy town. It was a Saturday so no sane person was up at 6am. The streets were mostly empty and if I used my imagination just right it looked like a ghost town, which was kind of disconcerting since I had watched the Walking Dead the evening previous. Putting the idea of zombies aside, I channeled my inner Audrey Hepburn (even though I was wearing sweats) and got a croissant and hot cocoa for my stroll.

After my early morning ramble I ran a few errands and then planned out the rest of my day. I was going to be very, very productive; however, those plans lasted about as long as it took to write them. The day was dark and cold (my favorite kind of day). The candy corn lights on my front porch twinkled merrily in the gloom and I opted to sit and look out my window at them instead of tackling my to do list.

Then, it rained!!! It started off as a lite mist at first, nothing to write home about, then the heavens opened up and it poured. This had been the first rainfall in I don’t know how long and I wasn’t going to waste it. I opened up my door and all the curtains. I turned on the fireplace, got on my Halloween jammies and watched the rain for a few hours. It was bliss.

Rain makes me happy. It energizes my soul, and October rain gives me an extra special boost. I started feeling productive again as the rain abated so I did some laundry and made a fabulous dinner from a new recipe. Then I spent the rest of the evening watching scary movies and finishing a book.  It was a great day. That’s what I love about October; you never quite know what surprises may lay in store. It was an easy, laid back day that didn’t demand anything out of me. I got to simply sit and soak in the good. I hope you have a chance to experience that in your coming October days.



No comments:

Post a Comment