Saturday, October 17, 2020

Day 17: Give Me All the Things......Part 2

Yesterday, a couple of my coworkers told me that I needed a decoration intervention. I told them interventions were only for people who didn’t know they had a problem. I am fully aware that I have a problem and I revel in it. I delight in it. I am unrepentant, so much so that after hearing from multiple sources that I needed to stop……I might have gone out………….and bought more decorations.

It’s not my fault though, I blame Christmas. It started the night before last when my favorite vintage shop had their online sale and after selling cute Halloween and Thanksgiving stuff (of which I may have bought a few things) they brought out Christmas. It was bad enough that Jo-Ann’s was already selling it before October even started, but to see it sneaking in elsewhere, sigh. A few Christmas ads have already been running on TV and when I went to the store today to pick up some totes for work, they were already selling Christmas cards. I could probably have tolerated that ok, but when I got back in the car I found a radio station playing Christmas carols. Well, that was the last straw, my holiday rage got the best of me and I went back in and bought some more Halloween décor just to let Christmas know who was the boss, cuz clearly it was me.

 My shopping binges were actually very worthwhile. I had been looking for the perfect little accents to my already gaily bedecked abode and I found what I was looking for quite by accident. I actually found a lot of décor that completed my tableau's for Halloween and Thanksgiving. Yay shopping!

So as I sit here enjoying my new décor I feel quite content. They were all very good additions to my holiday scene.  I’d say I am done purchasing October stuff for the year, but who are we kidding? I haven’t even hit Trader Joe’s or the pumpkin patch yet and then there are the discount sales. Viva la decorations!

And yeah, I know that with this sign my house is totally getting egged this year. At least I find it amusing now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment