Monday, October 12, 2020

Day 12: The 12 Days of Halloween

We are all familiar with the 12 days of Christmas. So in honor of the 12th day of October, I will share some of my favorite things that I have found around the internet so far.



1)   1)    I call her the Boo Girl. This is a promo pic for some lady’s Etsy store and I am assuming this is her daughter. I’m sure she told her, smile nice for mommy’s customers, and the impish little thing made this face. It made me laugh so hard when I came across it. If I had a kid I would totally buy the Boo shirt for them just for the expression the Boo Girl is rocking. That is one ghost girl with attitude. It is the face of a kid who has been told to smile one too many times. I can’t stop laughing.



2)    2)  I now present you with, Cat Bats. I can just imagine these ferocious little fur balls twirling in circles around my head meowing and growling. Such cuddly terrors of the night. I want my own posse of Cat Bats. What is a group of Cat Bats called? If a group of bats is a colony and a group of cat is a clowder, I am going to name a group of Cat Bats a Fuzzy Furry Posse. Yeah, I got nothing.

 


3)   3)   I do not particularly like Krispy Kreme’s. My uncle bought them once for the family when they first came out. We were all so eager to try them. Frankly I think they are all hype and no substance. I like Duncan Donuts and Winchell’s much better. But for Halloween iced Krispy Kreme’s I just might give them a try again. Good thing I don’t live anywhere near a store.



4)    4)   Speaking of treats I don’t like but might consider trying because of October, I am not overly fond of Cookies and Cream things. However, if they are in the shape of vampire fangs a girl just might be persuaded. Let me know if you find them.



5)  5)    I also am not a fan of Oreo’s either. That did not stop me from buying a package of their holiday cookies. They still taste terrible to me, but at least they are orange in the middle and have pumpkins and other October pictures on them. I see I made a hasty purchase though, as Oreo mousse sounds very intriguing. They say they are selling it at Wal-Mart but I have yet to find it.




6)  6)    Let me stand up on my soap box for a minute. I HATE that kids get cute clothes but they don’t make the same thing for adults. I too would like pumpkin polka dot jammies with my name written on the orange back flap. I call discrimination against whimsy lovers. Dumb kids getting all the good stuff.



7)   7)   Yet another Etsy offering. I don’t know why the shop owner thought this pic would sell her product better, but I am so glad she included it. This cat looks like it is straight up about to murder the photographer. Clearly the cat is not happy about being gifted with a bat hat. This picture says to me, you too could purchase a bat hat that your pet will actively hate. I imagine after this picture was taken the owner was viciously clawed.



8)     8)  Speaking of murdery cats. Yet another Etsy shop owner clearly misjudged the enjoyment level of their target audience. I loved the idea of this costume, but this is another cat out for revenge. Just imagine waking up to this angry kitty. Oh the things people do to their pets in the name of Halloween.



9)     9)  Ok, enough with the murdery cats. I present you with slightly frightening Eeyore Pug. The ears are just about as long as the dog. It cracks me up. That pug seems awfully happy to be Eeyore. I don’t think he understands his costume. I also like that the tail doesn’t go all the way to the back.



1010)   Next up is Franken Pug. He is less frightening and totally cute and if the costume came in a bit larger size my dog would totally be wearing it this year. He is very glad that I did not buy it. I am finding the use of pugs as models very entertaining.



1111)   I couldn’t help myself. Here is one more Etsy kid. I call him the Yuck Fox. He kinda looks like one of the Wild Things from Where the Wild Things Are. His costume looks warm and itchy. But it is his expression I love the most. Is he mimicking the face the photographer is making? Does he really hate his costume? I don’t care, he is a cutie patootie.



1212)   And the picture that started this whole mess, the Fiesta Guinea Pig. How could you even hold something that small still long enough to get that costume on it? Who designs costumes for Guinea pigs in the first place? I don’t care, it makes me laugh and I like it.

What Halloween frivolity have you found so far? What is your favorite pic? 

No comments:

Post a Comment