Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Day 1: Its' the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Everyone, EVERYONE!!!!! It’s finally October. It’s HERE!!!!! The fun begins today. (steps away from the computer and runs around in circles screaming with joy) Usually I would wax lyrical about something amazing and fallish. I would talk about my decorations or my plans for the month or regale you with how I am pretty positive there is a werewolf that lives in the abandoned house on the other side of my backyard fence, but for now I will put a pin in those things and share with you something kinda Christmassy (GASP) that I appropriated for October.
For the past 4 months or so, thoughts of October would keep popping into my head, and then this song would play. The closer October got, the more this ear worm would wiggle and jiggle and boogie in my brain until it’s all that I could hear. Mostly I would just hum the first part of the song and then get lost in an October reverie, but as I was putting my October bedding on last night I thought up some new lyrics and the song got that much better.
So without further ado, I bring you the newest fall song, “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” October style. Just try getting it out of your head. I dare you. No disrespect to Andy Williams, but to be fair, the song was mostly October related anyway. I mean, who tells ghost stories at Christmas……other than me. ;)
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. With the kids trick or treating and everyone meeting to drink pumpkin beer, it’s the most wonderful time of the year.
It’s the hap-happiest season of all with those cider press parties and caramel hot toddy’s when friends come to call it’s the hap-happiest season of all.
There’ll be parties for hosting Marshmallows for roasting and apple bobbing out in the cold There’ll be scary ghost stories and tales of the glories of Halloweens long long ago. It’s the most wonderful time of the year There’ll be much corn maze going and pumpkins’ll be glowing when loved ones are near Yes it’s the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment