Friday, October 25, 2019


Day 25: A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words…..
…..and since that is pretty close to what I normally write, whew, you get some time off for good behavior.
It seems more and more that those in the retail life like to promote holidays before their time, because of that, there have been a few memes and pictures that I have had since August and they are what I am going to talk about today.
I had to go back and look at my picture files because Christmas has been creeping in like a red and white stripped ninja. I see whole aisles dedicated to the holiday, Hallmark starts their Christmas countdown this weekend and last night, one of my coworkers was singing Christmas carols while he cleaned up. Not ok. So not ok, and not just because they are rushing the issue, but poor Thanksgiving gets left out yet again and it’s not even Halloween yet. I’m all for celebrating, but don’t keep rushing us. Let us enjoy the season we are in for a change.
So, as a reminder that we are still in fact in fall, here are few of my favorite pics from this year.
1)      Do Not Feed Hallucinogens to the Werewolves – I like this for obvious reasons. It has a werewolf in it with flying mushrooms and it looks like an actual park sign. It tickles my October funny bone. Werewolves are scary enough they don’t need to be drugged on top of it.

2)      Pumpkin Spice Cologne Pumpkins – I mean come on, pumpkins trying to fit in and wearing pumpkin spice. How meta.  A little pumpkin patch humor for you to start your day with.

3)      The Cereal Aisle – I found this early in the month and what made me really happy, despite the fact that there was lots of monster cereal, was the fact that below it was pumpkin spice cereal. Oh October and your pumpkin spice commercialization….never change.

4)      Cold Stone Boo Licious Ice Cream – it combines all my favorite things, black ice cream, Cold Stone, candy and October play on names. I haven’t had any yet, but it is on my bucket list.

5)      And Speaking of Ice Cream- Ben and Jerry should get some sort of Nobel Prize for holiday deliciousness. I’m sure it’s a thing. I have tried to find this limited edition but it appears to be a very limited edition or else has an invisibility cloak because I have not run into it yet.

6)      Pie Puns in Ads- I mean, is there anything better? I agree wholeheartedly with the caption above.

7)      Decorations – one of my friends sent me this. It isn’t the choice I would make for my yard, but it brings me joy nonetheless. They have a pirate ship on their front lawn and I love the little creatures along the front fencing. I would stop at your house for candy and give you a blue ribbon.
8) Pumpkin Boat Races - I mean COME. ON! First they grow ginormous pumpkins, then they hollow them out like canoes and THEN they race them. (waves hands frantically while jumping up and down to get attention) I am SO in!



Ahh, doesn’t that make you feel more fall like? What fall pictures do you have to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment